Glencoe New Dallas Apartments for Rent Present: Thai Tips
There are a lot of benefits to living in the new apartments Dallas residents can’t stop talking about. For starters, Crest at Glencoe has an ideal location in uptown Dallas. That means our residents have easy access to some of the best dining and entertainment in Big D. Another benefit is, of course, our weekly blog series which provides tips, restaurants recommendations and event info to all our residents and readers. We love writing about food almost as much as we love providing luxurious Dallas apartments for rent. In this week’s blog post, we’ll be talking about a very special kind of food — Thai food.
According to Wikipedia, Thai food is known for, “its complex interplay of at least three and up to four or five fundamental taste senses in each dish or the overall meal: sour, sweet, salty, bitter, and spicy.” That’s a lot of tastes for one meal, but somehow the best thai food restaurants are able to pull it off time and time again. Thai food is one of those comfort foods that falls into the same category as pizza and chinese food as perfect choices for a lazy night in front of the TV. Wherever you decide to get Thai food, you know you’re going to get plenty of food and plenty of taste. At least, that’s true for these five Thai restaurants in and around uptown Dallas.
Before we begin, let’s all prime our palettes by reading this quote about Thai food from world-renowned chef David Thompson:
““Thai food ain’t about simplicity. It’s about the juggling of disparate elements to create a harmonious finish. Like a complex musical chord it’s got to have a smooth surface but it doesn’t matter what’s happening underneath. Simplicity isn’t the dictum here, at all. Some westerners think it’s a jumble of flavours, but to a Thai that’s important, it’s the complexity they delight in.”
With that, we’re ready to dig in. Here are some of the best Thai food options near Crest at Glencoe apartments.
1. Sabaidee Lao & Thai Street Food serves Lao and Thai food in a low key setting. Let us tell you right now though, this stuff is hot. Like, seatbelt-buckle-left-out-in-the-sun-all-day hot. Consider yourself warned.
2. Pakpao is a little more upscale than your typical carry-out spot, but if there are any vegans in your friend group now is your chance to impress them. Meat eaters and vegans alike can enjoy Pakpao’s sweet rice ice cream though, so get a little adventurous with your Thai food next time and see if it pays off.
3. Crushcraft Thai Street Eats in Uptown offers a bright, vibrant setting in which to stuff your face with delicious Thai food. Don’t miss out on their tofu fries or green curry, and be sure to bring the leftovers home to relive the experience during lunch the next day.
4. Malai Thai Vietnamese Kitchen & Bar in Uptown. Thai and Vietnamese fusion in the form of giant chicken wings, candied beef jerky, and classic chiang mai noodles. Thai food and Vietnamese food may not be the most wildly different fusion choice, but they sure do pair well together.
5. Bangkok City in East Dallas has been dishing out top notch Thai food for more than 20 years. There isn’t too much to say about Bangkok City because they’re so reliable, so tasty, and so consistent. When it doubt, go Bangkok City.
6. Royal Thai has been serving Lower Greenville residents spicy Thai food since 1992. The secret to their sustained success? Huge portions at low prices. Order Royal Thai next time you get a craving and don’t look back.
Follow Crest at Glencoe on social media for more scrumptious restaurant tips from the most helpful uptown Dallas apartments for rent. Happy dining!